This cooling yoghurt salad is a great place to play with herbs from your garden. Peel the cucumbers if the skin is tough. If skin is tender, leave it on.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cucumbers or 1 cucumber and 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Wedge of a sweet white onion, thinly sliced in crescents
- 2 cups plain yoghurt, Greek-style or regular
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint of choice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Toast the cumin seeds lightly in a dry frying pan.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate till serving. Plan to eat it up fresh because it doesn’t keep.
Variations: Try using different mints, fresh cilantro, or a bit of fresh dill